IBMResearch Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence,creatingbreakthroughs inquantum computing,discoveringhow blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much more. Join a team that is dedicated to applying science tosome of today's most complex challenges, whether it's discovering a new way for doctors to help patients, teaming with environmentalists to clean up our waterways or enabling retailers to personalize customer service.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Research is hiring Research Scientists interesting in solving problems related to but not limited to the following:
- Combining symbolic and reinforcement learning based sequential decision making for solving real world problems at scale
- Modeling real-world problems in AI Planning or a combined reasoning+learning framework and building end-to-end systems
- Creating novel, next generation planning approaches and algorithms
The mission of our growing group is to bring AI Automation to sequential decision making where we need to identify a few solutions in an immense space of possibilities. Our aim is to address three major challenges:
- Modeling: how to represent, extract, and learn the model
- Theory: formal definition of the computational problems
- Tooling: how to solve computational problems and building end-to-end systems
Practical applications of our work include Data Science and ML platforms for automated AI pipeline generation, planning for cloud-based modernization of data and applications, planning and resource decision making for large scale Cloud/IT environments.
As part of the IBM Research team, you will conduct world-class research on innovative technologies and solutions and publish in top-tier conferences and journals.
You must be willing to work in Yorktown Heights, NY or Cambridge, MA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated publication records in top-tier conferences
- Proven knowledge of AI planning and planning tools
- Knowledge of RL algorithms and machine learning frameworks
- Experience using one or more popular programming languages (C/C++, Python, Java, JS, etc.)
- Technical leadership experience.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of using Natural Language Processing / Natural Language Understanding in a user interaction setting (e.g., for modeling user domains from either documents or user dialogue)