|Category||Other Computer Related Services||Job type||Full Time|
Thomas J. Watson said it best: \u201cGood design is good business.\u201d Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced User Experience (UX) Designer with a proven record of delivering irresistible solutions which address our customers' most challenging business problems and opportunities. The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating effectively with Product Management and engineering in agile and lean delivery methodologies. The candidate must demonstrate leadership, technical curiosity, and tenacity to partner with some of the leading technologists in the field of cloud computing.
• Leverage scenarios and user flows in the creation of workflows, flowcharts, storymapping and prototypes
• Participate in and lead UX activities (in person and remote) such as user/design research, interviews and workshops, in an Agile environment
• Translate findings into usable, useful, effective and efficient user experiences
• Clearly and quickly deliver ideas to cross-functional teams
• Provide information verbally and visually through low- and mid-fidelity renderings and clickable prototypes
• Test and validate working hypotheses through usability testing of wireframes, clickable prototypes and published product, and participate in design critique
• Work with UX Designers, Visual designers, researchers and product managers to understand users' needs and behaviors for the industries in which they work
• Deliver, review and critique the UX Designs of a multi-skilled design team to ensure effective and rich designs (great interaction, visual styling, consistent and appropriate use of voice and tone, etc)
Who You Are:
Creative, curious, questioning, open to receiving and providing critique, and have a ton of initiative.
Able to focus on design detail and ascertain user value and impact as part of your software experience. You possess experience solving complex design problems for Web interactions or software solutions and are capable of translating research findings into complex interaction designs that provide usable, effective and efficient experiences to users. Your keen written and verbal communication skills include the ability to articulate alternative approaches.
The ideal candidate has the demonstrated the ability to\u2026
• Understand mental models and build wireframes and prototypes in accordance with interaction design principles
• Apply knowledge about UX disciplines including information architecture, motion design, and micro-interactions
• Tell meaningful stories about users, with great presentation skills
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Portfolio and work samples including user-centered design skills, complex experiences such as flows, scenarios, personas, etc. (any fidelity), sketches to mid-fidelity interactions (show your process) and clickable or paper prototypes (any fidelity)
• Solid Technical background
• Hands on Designer Experience
• 7-10 years of Demonstrated experience solving complex user problems
• At least 6+ years of experience working in a broad portfolio of related products and/or constitute a complex solution
• Understanding of Design principles and their application
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience designing for accessibility
• Data visualization skills
• Master's Degree in User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science